Post-graduate (Masters and Doctoral) students
We welcome potential masters and doctoral students to the Centre and we are happy to discuss supervision of students in the following areas:
- Multicultural and anti-racist education (school and tertiary education)
- Teacher activism in areas of equity and anti-discrimination
- Change agency within organizations, particularly in relation to equity and social justice
- Intersectionality of identities and social policy (particularly ‘race’, ethnicity and gender)
- Social capital and equity
- Migration, ethnicities and labour markets
- Theorising political agency and identities
- Children and young people’s human rights and participation
Current Post-graduate Students
Huaiyuan is a second year PhD student at Moray House School of Education and Sports. He is currently conducting fieldwork research in China. His research focus in on the anthropology of education, citizenship education, and ethnic minority education in China. Huaiyuan’s PhD research topic is Citizenship Education and Senses of Belonging: The Ethnic Koreans in Northeast China.
Contact Huaiyuan at email@example.com.
Lisa is a writer, teacher and Early Years practitioner in the North West Highlands. Her PhD research at Moray House considers the interface between child-led play pedagogy and Gaelic language acquisition in children under five years of age. She is particularly interested in the lived experiences of practitioners working with young children who are learning Gaelic as an additional language. She is passionate about equity, empathy and the celebration of diversity in education as well as in society as a whole.
Contact Lisa at L.A.F.MacDonald@sms.ed.ac.uk.