Welcome to the CERES Blogs
These blogs are intended to raise issues relating to promoting race equality and anti-racism within education in general. Blogs may present issues arising from research or can be personal accounts from educators, education students, parents, individuals and groups relating to the teaching on, or leadership of, matters related to ‘race’. They can be examples of best practice or discussions about conundrums or discomforts. The aim of the blogs is to open up discussion, to provide spaces for disruption, transformation and boundary-pushing in the area of race equality and anti-racism within education.
Our aim is to publish a new blog each week during term/semester times. Read our latest blogs below:
Contribute to CERES Blogs
If you feel you would like to contribute (and we hope you do), then please see the information below. We are very happy to take contributions from Scotland and across the world.
Blogs should include:
- 500-800 words submitted on a Word document.
- If you include any images/video, please ensure these are appropriately credited and with permission.
- A short bio of who you are with good quality head shot photo.
- If you are happy to include this, a link to your professional profile or an email address for readers to contact you.
- Any Twitter or Instagram handles and hashtags you would like to add when we promote it.
We encourage you to write to us with your idea for a blog before submission. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your email with ‘Blog submission’.